About Eastside Academy - Transitional Learning Center
The Eastside Academy/Transitional Learning Center is a small school setting providing interim educational opportunities for students in Grades TK-8 who have unique behavioral situations that may hinder their abilities in a traditional school environment. This may include:
- students who have been expelled from their home school
- students who pose a danger to others students and staff
- students whose behavior is so disruptive and continuous as to prevent the teacher from teaching and other students from learning them learning
- students who have been continuously suspended without effect
- students who have been referred by probation, students who have been referred by the School Attendance Review Board
- students who cannot work well in large groups
- students who have difficulty paying attention to their teachers and/or their school work
- students who do not feel comfortable among certain teachers or classmates
- students with other unique situations.
The goal of the Eastside Academy/Transitional Learning Center is to provide a challenging academic curriculum, develop students’ social skills, improve student behavior, attendance, and academic performance, and return students back to traditional schools.